23.5.11

This is what a good day looks like...

Last night I got to engage in one of my favorite past times: drinking with Amanda.  I was well into my second pint of beer when we started discussing some really interesting things about our lives. 

I must've been pretty loose because I said something I've never told anyone out loud before.  Amanda, in true best friend fashion, said "the way you are just makes sense to me now".  (You thought this was going to be all 'blogging while drunk' but it's much more emotional.) 

Honestly, I'd wanted a 'drinking with Amanda' night for some time.  We really hadn't done one since our double header over her birthday.  These events yield some of my favorite moments of our friendship.  (The pee cups were pretty special too.)

This morning I woke Amanda up so she could take me over to the I could drive her tired butt over to the Uptowner for awesome breakfast and coffee.  Coffee!

Work was, well, it had it's good moments.  What I feel most satisfied with was the time I *didn't* resort to ridiculous sarcasm in a client's kitchen.  (You're right; it's hopeless.  There is no solution.)

I came home to the season finale of House.  I'm starting to see the metaphor or symbolism or whatever the hell that was the last 10 minutes of the show, but basically I agree with the rest of the internet on this one:

Sorry.  Maybe when I see how it's resolved in Season 8 it will feel less ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment