31.5.11

No Running Tuesday

Today, I decided to sit back and enjoy the benefits of a step-back week.  (No running for me today; sleep in!)

I woke up a bit late, showered and headed off to work.  About fifteen minutes into that drive I dumped coffee all over myself.  (Fail!)  So I turned around, headed home, changed, and tried it again without the coffee.

The surprise awesome part of my day came when I got a text from Beth (yes, the one who took me to Kansas and dressed me in goat horns) asking if she could stop by my office and give me something.  She came by and told me this great story of how she thought of me while shopping this weekend.

Finally: someone understands me.

I read parts of this book over the weekend.  For some reason the "slow carb diet" described in the book seemed like it might be worth a try.  I totally didn't do it right because I was starving after lunch.  And I've decided that my body needs carbohydrates to keep running and my brain needs carbohydrates to keep thinking correctly. 

Calorie counting worked for me last time.  This time around, some days are really hard.  Some days I do fine.  Some days I go over my supposed count but I have enough information to know I'm still in a weight-loss zone, just won't lose weight as fast as I wanted.

After starving myself for lunch, I got to have dinner with Travis, a guy I worked with at the Science Museum several years ago.  It was really nice to see him and catch up.  (Oh calm down.)  We ate at Tanpopo which I'm allowing as my one restaurant cheat for the month.  (I'm trying to do another month of not eating out.  We'll see.)

Travis is the guy in this picture.  I forget what game we were playing but I know I learned it from my pooky bear.  This photo is from 2006 or 2007.

Now I'm home, my face feels like it's about to cave in (either from poor caffeination during the day or from sinuses, not sure which.)  I'm thinking about getting up early to run with the St Paul girls in honor of National Running Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment