26.5.11

Long Run Thursday: 15 Miles!

I meant to go for a long run on what I am now calling tornado Sunday. Running was not a possibility due to weather and wild schedule.  I made up the long run today in perfect weather.

I think that one blip in the middle is related to a stop light.  Otherwise, a nice even run.


I ran this route.  I was really excited to see Lake of the Isles (which I can't explain because most of my experiences there have been so awful).  I was happy to see all the other lakes and the creek too.  The creek is flooded in a few places but not enough to close the path.

The run was just smooth.  I don't know how else to put it.  Nice, right?  Because 15 miles really isn't on the schedule for at least another month.  (Remind me about that schedule because I think an extra 20-miler accidentally was added to it.)  And I haven't run fifteen miles at once since, well it must've been sometime last year.  Even at the end, I just kept right on going.

The second I got home, I kept right on going into an ice bath.  Oh, it has been a long time.  I screamed.  I screamed a lot.  The only thing that hurts now is my ankles so it must've worked.

I had some eggs and awesome bacon (because it's that time of year!  Finally!) and headed to work.  Work was very relaxed, seeing as I hadn't even planned on being there today.  After work I hit the co-op for some grass fed beef in the form of a strip steak.  Yum!  Now I'm lying on the couch, amazingly not falling asleep.  Whatever will I do with my time?

No comments:

Post a Comment