22.5.11

It has been a week...

I'm no sure what my issue what this week that I didn't want to write any blog posts.  Here's what was going on:

Monday: was a day of rest after the 12-mile Sunday.  I did work.  It was also the season finale of Castle.

Tuesday: I had a nice run around Lake Nokomis which has a normal amount of water and Lake Hiawatha which is overflowing its banks in a couple places.  I'm sure there was work as well on Tuesday.  Oh, I know there was; it was like a three hour training that was actually quite helpful.
Amanda and Kelly took me out for alcohol seafood, they took me out for seafood.  I never want to see another shrimp again.  I am so full.

Wednesday: I didn't run on my own but I did go with Team:Work and we tried a new route.  It was fine but only 2.7 miles, I need to find a way to add a few blocks to that one.

Thursday: There was no exercise.  I'm sure of it.  There was probably some work although ultimately not much.

Friday: I had to work (becuase I'm a team player).  I walked around the track at the Y for a while and listened to Car Talk.

Saturday: My one day of rest.  (That's right, not only did I have to work all five days this week; I only get a one day weekend.)  I went to the gym straightaway to get that over with.  I stopped at Turtle Bread for some breakfast bread and headed home.  I ventured out once more later in the day for a trip to Kowalski's where I purchased steak and strawberries (not for the same meal).  I spent most of the day Saturday planning on a 14-15 mile run Sunday morning.

Sunday: The forecast had other plans and I did not go for a run.  Happily, today is the first day of the farmer's market and I headed over to see these guys and get my awesome bacon and awesome eggs.
I did have to work today.  Boo.  Although my our associate director brought her two year old daughter who basically entertained me the whole time.  (I want ice!)  I love kids who just want to sit and look at you, don't like to be touched or picked up, just want to see what's up, so this kid was totally my speed.
Then I headed over to the gym (since I didn't get in my long run due to rain).  I did the elliptical for an hour then walked for an hour.  (Walking is a totally legitimate part of marathon training.)
I came home and had an awesome lunch of stale popcorn (truly the best kind) followed by yogurt and strawberries topped with chocolate chips and a few peanuts.  Yum!  Now I am debating laundry.

While I debate laundry, here's some great new songs for you to enjoy:
Any other World - Mika
Keep the Streets Empty for Me - Fever Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment