2.5.11

Cincinnati Saturday - my day of rest


Saturday was my day or rest before the big day. I woke up to an empty house. (Good; I needed a break after yesterday.) I hung around the house and made plans with a friend for later.

Mom and I headed down to the Expo. The Flying Pig Expo is easily the best one I've been to. (Sorry Twin Cities.) I got a couple little running things. I can always use a new headband and I finally purchased a race/number belt. Those things that hold the Gu Packs. This expo has a lot of the non-profits who benefit from the marathon including Dress For Success. It was the only booth Mom wanted to actually look at so we went over. I got a pair of earrings for basically being nice. (Nice!)
At the expo - good use of pink and black!

With a name like 'the flying pig'  this race lends itself to merchandising quite nicely

Goodies from the expo; Gu was not included.  This pictures also doesn't do justice to the pinkness of that belt.  It matches my shoes.

Earrings for being nice!

Mom and I then hooked up with Jenny and went out for Indian food, a rare treat for her since she is married to the pickiest eater on the planet. I had so much food and it was at a weird time, like 3:00 in the afternoon or something. I wound up not being hungry for dinner.

Mom and I made Moonbeams (this snack of peanut butter awesomeness) which resulted in the need for a trip to Kroger. It's weird to be in places where the wine and beer is right there in the grocery store.

We hung out the rest of the night. I did have a big bowl of cereal even though I wasn't hungry. (Good carbs for tomorrow). Mom and Dad watched some show about Prince William's wedding. I watched Mama Mia and listened to Harry Potter on tape. (I did not sleep. Even though I tried.)


At some point in the middle of the night I got up and was, um, sick a little bit. (Well, tomorrow is going to be interesting.) My throat has also been sore basically since I got here but I think that's a Cincinnati Sinus thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment