4.8.10

Long Run Wednesday: Ellipticals and Running at Work

This is technically a step back week but I haven't done anything since my run last Thursday so I felt like I could do a 'long run' on the elliptical today. My gym got new elliptical machines (as well as some other cardio equipment) and I realize that it's awesome and the new stuff is really nice, but they took out some of the machines I'm used to so I'll have to acclimate to the new ones. One really nice thing is the new machines are compatible with the Nike+ stuff on my iPods so I can record indoor workouts too now. I was on the elliptical for a little under two hours. (Perhaps a tad too long after not working out for five days.)

We also started Team: Work tonight. The JCC's Dreidel Dash has an unofficial side competition for which group in the community can have the biggest team show up. (Chili is involved.) So I told everybody at my office I would teach them to run if they wanted. We have four people plus me tonight and possibly will get a couple more next week! We're using the tried and true couch potato plan. That first week where we're only running 60 seconds at a time, really fun. I'm using this time to practice running up on my toes. I can't change my stride all at once, but I know it will be better for me in the long run to run up on my toes as much as possible. It's like a whole different muscle group, but my knees appreciate me so much.

The rest of the week, I'm assuming I'll find a way to run and next week, back into the long runs. I got Dad a plane ticket so he's for sure coming to watch the marathon. Now I just need a friend for him to take him around the course to cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment