18.7.09

LIz Trains for a Marathon: Liz falls down, literally

Beth (and Janine for a while) took me on a beautiful run this morning. We started down the St Paul side of the river. It was on the River Parkway that I totally bit it. I scraped my hand and banged my knee. I was scared for my knee but my hand is actually in a lot of pain and my knee almost none. My knee's not swollen either (yet). I was thinking the last time I fell which was a really long time ago. That time I knew I was hurt pretty much immediately. Although I continued to run that day and for another few weeks before I completely had to stop.

Today after Beth and Janine helped me up and dusted me off, we went over the Ford Bridge by Minnehaha park and down this freaking awesome path that goes... well I'll have to look at a map but more or less towards Fort Snelling. Because it was there that we crossed back over the 5-55-62-whatever-that-road-is bridge into St Paul and back up the river parkway.

I told Beth that street is where I do all my home shopping. She likes the porches. I like the windows. We both had fun pretend house shopping. And pretending to have a domestic staff to clean those really big homes. Although the best part of the run was when I was needing to *ahem* make a personal stop. There must be some event going on because there was a well stocked personal stopping point in a parking lot that normally does not have such accommodations. (Nice!)

Beth was really patient with me the last few miles of the run. My mind sort of got done running about the time it was that huge hill leading up to the bridge back into St Paul. So I was really dragging. Plus my hand hurt from falling. You wouldn't think that would slow me down. It just made my mind more tired thinking about it.

I was told to ice my knee when I got home, which I thought was excellent advice. Guess who doesn't have ice. Yup. So I put my suit on and went and sat in the pool. In the record cold temperatures. (Global warming my foot.) I had an iced mocha, a book on tape (book on iPod but whatever), and a fleece and sat there for a while. If you can't have an ice bath, it's the next best thing. Luckily the pool is heated too, so it wasn't as painful as it could have been.

Now I'm doing laundry (which was only a week late) and I changed my fishes water, (also a week late because I was out of town and I didn't want to make Steve do it). My fish looks very happy. And, while playing on the computer, I found the most awesome Dilbert ever, and I thought I'd leave you with it:

Dilbert.com

No comments:

Post a Comment