8.7.09

Watch now as I avoid what I'm supposed to be doing

I think the elliptical is doing a body good, or my running companions are just really nice, because I wasn't sucking wind nearly as much as I normally do when I run with them, and we ran 5 miles today instead of four. (Maybe it's a little of both.)

It was also my opportunity to celebrate Beth's birthday, since I'll be out of town for the real thing. I have no idea where the whole goose theme started with this group. Although the obvious jokes about goose bumps have been hilarious at times. So I tried to find something with a goose on it. Geese are not popular animals apparently. Because there was nothing in the whole store. Not even in the section where they had farm animal toys. Popular animals right now appear to be monkeys, frogs, and octopi. (Is that the plural of octopus?)

Through an astonishing bit of math in my head, I figured out that Beth is a Rooster in the Chinese Zodiac. Since the Rooster is a winged farm animal and I could find one of those, that's what I chose. I was also going to get a princess hat for her to run in this morning. I was stopped by the thought that the hat would be saved for my use at a future date and running in a princess hat is not something I would enjoy. Although Beth said she'd be willing to run in a beak which is something I will not forget.

At work we took a boat ride for our team meeting. No, seriously. It was really relaxing and put me in vacation mode kind of early. After work I went to Chipotle with Amanda and then back to her house where she kept me 'till all hours of the night. Hence I am now behind on packing and trying hard to avoid it. My brain wants to stop working, but I'm to the point in the evening where I need it to do things like make good playlists for the iPod and pick good movies for the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment