16.7.09

Blogging while... whoa, it's a good thing I was able to get home

I went to happy hour tonight with some of the Amsterdam runners whom Amanda refers to as my "running mates". It was fun and even nicer that someone else bought the food. I just had to buy my own..

Alcohol, which is the subject of tonight's post.

It's a good thing I can't remember how many people I don't want to see this are friends with me on Facebook. It should be more embarassing that three drinks (ok, I had an extra beer at home I needed to kill) does this to me.

I actually new ahead of time that this place has good happy hour specials so I took the bus to the bar instead of driving. (Good for me and good for you.) Apparently I totally missed the boat on this whole website for giving thing. (Woops.) I have to go back and read the material. Not tonight. And then create my own website. So you can all donate to Bolder Options for the Marathon trip.

I was thinking about marathon training today. I tend to ponder when I'm worried I'll slur my speech if I open my mouth. It's really given me a much grander idea of what is possible. And of what I can do. There was a time, not so long ago, that I thought 15 mile training runs would kill me. Turns out they just wear me out for several days and then I'm fine. I was even thinking back to the first time I ran around Lake Nokomis and Lake Hiawatha. I was so impressed with myself when I got done, and proud. I'd never run that far. Now I think, "that's all I have to do?"

Also, while I was waiting for the bus to take me to Uptown, I kept smelling Pot. I suspect the little grocery store on 38th and Bloomington also sells weed. (I can't believe I'm writing this. I must be more intoxicated than I think.)

Ok, seriously, stop now.

1 comment:

  1. Let's talk about drunk blogging.

    It's like making drunken 1 am phone calls, but making it public.

    And then your mom finds your blog, and there are awkward conversations....

    OK, maybe not your mom, and I never drunkenly blog, but you see what I'm sayin', right?

    You might accidentally spill your love for Jean-Claude van Damme movies or something.

    The same goes for drunken Facebooking.

    ***

    Haven't seen you in a while - hope you had fun in Ohio!

    ReplyDelete