25.4.09

172 days until.... Liz Trains for a Marathon

I think maybe I'll just count down the days until the marathon rather than counting my training weeks. In the mean time, I've achieved a new milestone: two weeks in a row of running five days a week. Technically this next week I can run four days instead of five. I can also forgo the long run. Not sure if I will though. Because at the end of May, I'll be running the Team Ortho Half Marathon. (And today Amanda volunteered to haul me up to the starting line at 7:00 in the morning.) And I just signed up to be a member of a 12 person relay team for the Great River Relay. How fun does that look? Each member runs three legs of the relay. How long is each leg? Check out the runner chart. I badly do not want to be runner number 5. It doesn't look like 2 would be much fun either. I'm really excited for the thing in August. Almost as excited as I am about the marathon.

Many of my friends who gave donations to Bolder Options have now said that someone from the agency has called to thank them for their support. I also thank you for your support. It feels like you're with me when I'm out running all over Minneapolis and St. Paul. I don't think anyone could run a marathon alone really.

No comments:

Post a Comment