23.2.09

Pictures from Vacation

I feel like some of my blog entries need an explanation, specifically, Drink and blog part 1 and the follow up: even more alcohol than the first time. Every time I read those, they get more hysterical. It's a good thing I have this blog because option B was drink and dial, and I know you're all thrilled to be spared.

Setting the scene: Let's be clear. I left a fairly crappy situation in Minnesota to go on vacation. (Here's the photo evidence.) Amanda came over to help me pack and helped me pack before I left. Then she agreed to provide shelter for the night since I had to pack all my bedding for the treatment. She was really sweet and got indignant for me about all the work I had to do. (It was a nice reaction. I just didn't have the energy for it by that time, so I was grateful to have the support.)


When I got to Florida I nearly died and spent some quality time on the couch recuperating. Once I felt better, it was my job to de-gecko the lanai. I was the only one who wasn't afraid of them. Did you know they can jump? This one was kind of cute and quite photogenic.


So by the time the next few days rolled around, I was ready for a whole lot of sun shine and doing nothing. Mercifully my wish was granted and included a swimming pool and a sweet place to run. So, I spent a lot of time around the pool with my family.



The alcohol consumption: I'd like to thank my aunties for finding $125 in change at someone's house to finance all this wine. My favorite was the Mescato selection. (Did you know they sell wine at Target in some places?) I bought 3 bottles of wine to restock just before I left. (Did you know that Target will also wrap the wine bottles in newsprint so they don't clank in the bag? Classy.)






The end result: Well, obviously I had my camera with me by the pool (next to the alcohol), but I was threatened within an inch of my life by several individuals if any of the evidence ever wound up on Zoogle or the loob toob, and obviously I had too good a time to ever mess up my chances for next year by posting pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment