27.9.08

Sick....

I was so sick yesterday. I'm starting to feel a little better but I'm still really tired. (Don't worry, it's not contagious.) But I've had some time to look at great stuff on the web.

I was shocked to learn that one in three women will have an abortion in their lives. Wow. I really thought it would be a lot less than that.

I was happy to learn everybody's favorite place to catch my favorite shows online. Hulu is one of my favorites. I'm going to try a couple of the others. I'll let you know.

For all of us who love getting those privacy notices on clipboards at doctors offices now we can just wear them. They do have a point about the DNR bracelet but as someone with an allergy to a fairly common antibiotic, I'm all for those bracelets.

I love it when people make jokes about being Jewish and I understand them. Two things: this is a fairly left leaning video and there are swear words. I didn't get the "brisket" one 'till I started working at my current job.

I remember playing kickball and Kelly and Eric's wedding. Maybe at your five year anniversary, we can all play this game.

Does anyone know the meaning of the words double entendre? Hilarious. This one is safe for work. PS - Firefox doesn't know "entendre" because it thinks I spelled it wrong.

There's been a lot of talk about taxes in this election. Find out what your predicted taxes would be. For me, there's a really big difference (like $1,500) per year. I think this site is non-partisan.

For all of you, this may be the only dish with identifiable tomatoes as ingredients that I'd eat. It does look yummy.

1 comment:

  1. As far as the 1 in 3 abortion stat... that probably includes all of the "abortions" that women have when they miscarry, or otherwise have to have a pregnancy terminated for medical reasons. If you are high-risk, or have great difficulty conceiving, you could end up having many, which adds to that statistic (and is heartbreaking).

    ReplyDelete