27.12.07




This is the video that this post refers to. My mom loves this song even though it's about her.

So, what have I been up to, while my video is loading:

Wednesday: I hung out most of the day. I had a really nice lunch with Chris when I got the first call letting me know my flights were (once again) delayed. I taught my parents to play 500 and promptly trounced them. Well, my dad I didn't trounce so much as just won.

Wednesday, at the airport: I think I've racked up some quality time at the different airports on this trip. Why? Northwest is silly. I spent time in Cincinnati calling a friend who I didn't get to visit. It was good to talk to her. She had some exciting news. Plus it was nice to have something to occupy my time while I was sitting there waiting for an airplane.

On the plane: The pilot decided to comp the alcohol. Unfortunately although the flight attendant had was hard liquor. I didn't have any. When we landed my ride wasn't picking up her phone or her cell phone. And then it took them like twenty minutes to park the plane. Literally. Which brings us to....

Trying to get home: Since the ride wasn't picking up her phone, I called Amanda who said she'd come get me. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for them to park the plane. When I got off, at gate A6 (which is literally a full mile away from the terminal, they've measured) the tram was out of service and the skyway checkpoint was closed for the evening. And Amanda was like there. So I started hauling a$$. Amanda made fun of me for being out of breath but I was really moving and my stuff was quite heavy. Amanda mentioned the "fourth meal" concept. Since I didn't know where any Taco Bells are, we decided to go to a bar with good fried food. I persuaded Amanda to go look at my car first and determine exactly how many inches of snow were surrounding it. When we find: first ride, who did not come to the airport instead spent that time cleaning off and warming up my car. Made my night. Totally made up for the whole ride confusion. Amanda and I had a beer and fried food at the bar and then I went home and went to bed.

This morning: I bought cabinets and counter tops for my kitchen. Wow are they expensive. This is quite a commitment. Then I went and worked all day.

After work: I decided I should look at recipes and cook more food ahead of time. That's what the freezers for after all. So I went through some magazines and then called home. Then I headed over to the gym, where someone had been triple parked. (That's sad.) I walked for like half an hour because at that point it's really just going to get the discount from my health insurance (one visit left) and then went over to the Wedge. It was too late for Seward. When I got back I made Wheat Berry Black Bean Chili with tomato sauce instead of identifiable tomatoes. Right now it's cooling off before I can put it in containers and store it.

What I still need to do: I'd like to post some of my holiday pictures and do laundry. I am so excited for the weekend. There are just no words.

No comments:

Post a Comment