25.7.07

The Nike+ipod needs to be calibrated

Does anyone reading this, Eric, know if running with a Nike+ipod on an indoor track can wreak havoc on the sensors ability to accurately measure distance. I ran on an indoor track and the further I ran, the more off the distances got. I think the distances were never quite perfect, but they were really off tonight. Like I think I ran 4 miles and the iPod thinks I ran 4.7 miles. I think it's time to calibrate the thing. I'm going to see if I can run around Lake Nokomis because they have the mileage posted there. I knew I wasn't really running 9:00 miles. I thought it didn't seem right that I magically got that fast. Sadly, it means I have a lot of work to do to be able to run a 10K in under 1:00:00. Maybe this won't be the 10K I run that fast, maybe that will be the next one. I'm still looking forward to the Milk Run. My goal is to run it in 30:00. I think I need to pick up some speed to run it that fast.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to say that I never calibrated my Nike+ sensor because it has always been fairly accurate. I can believe that it may be as you're guessing, that running in circles causes problems. Can you put the sensor in the other shoe? Is it in the shoe of the outside foot now?

    ReplyDelete