9.7.07

Liz starts a new job, Day 1

It's my first official day of "being a grown up" as Jeri calls it. By that she means, I have a real job with real benefits, and so on. My first day of being an adult and I'm exhausted. I never realized how tiring it is to sit still all day. Actually, I probably did know that already.

The most exciting thing happened almost first thing, when my supervisor showed me my office. That's right, my office. I have an office with a door and a window. I feel rich. I'm so excited. I can't wait to decorate. And they're ordering me a computer, which means it will be a new computer. And everyone else has a flat panel so I'm hoping... And everyone there is really nice.

Possibly the most bizarre part of the whole experience was the paper clips. I got to my office and there was a box of office supplies which I thought was nice. There were also a couple of things on the desk, a printer and a little vase. I thought, "oh that's a nice vase, I'll have to get a plant for that". It's filled with paper clips. Full. And then I got to the supplies and there were three more boxes of paper clips. I was so excited about the office and the window that the paper clip thing was more amusing than troubling but seriously, we could melt those down and build a car of something.

And, as a special treat, there's a really neat girl there who's my age and we talked for a while. And her name is Amanda which only makes me like her more. I'm thinking about bringing the Amanda Plant to my office to be by my window. I wonder which Amanda will be more amused, old Amanda or new Amanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment