22.7.07

I think I need a new goal

I think I've blogged ad nauseum about the beating my exercise routine has taken lately. One thing I was reading a while ago about how to set up a successful exercise routine is that goals are necessary. Up to this point I just wanted to run the milk run again. I think I need a new goal. Everyone's home work is to go to Raceberry Jam and pick out a race for me to do later in the year. September is off limits, especially the beginning of September because I get to participate in a wedding, and that's really the more important thing here. I was thinking the "Run for the Apples" looked good. I thought about doing it last year but then I fell and didn't run for a full month.

Did I exercise this weekend? I walked five miles today. I didn't run though. I spent yesterday laying on the couch reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and didn't eat too well or drink enough water. And then I woke up really late this morning (possible from staying awake 'till 2:30 to finish the book) and knew that it was too hot and humid to really run. I'm thinking I'll run tomorrow morning, but I've thought I'd get up and exercise for the past two weeks and I haven't had a whole lot of luck with that lately. I'd go to bed now in anticipation of waking up early, but it's still too light outside and it sounds like my neighbors are having a party.

I tried to read outside by the pool yesterday. There was this one little boy who screamed the whole time he was in the pool. Not like in terror or threatening or distressed, just screamed to be playing. He was probably like three. There were a few other people at the pool. And the pool is in the courtyard between four buildings. The parents and adults who were caring for this kid just let him scream. He seemed slightly out of control to me, but he got out of the pool when it was time and left without a fuss. So, as a parent, when do you address the screaming behavior of the child? That kid certainly was across my line of tolerance, but I'm not a parent. I don't get kids, I don't get the mess they make, and I really don't get their noise.

I liked Harry Potter by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment