18.6.07

The end of the series

As you may have gathered from my previous post, I have found gainful employment. How excited am I?

The phone call came at the end of the day, after much freaking out about buying a new computer without having gainful employment. I sort of felt like it would all work out for the best, which is why I bought the thing. (Plus it's a good looking computer. Too bad I can't use the photo booth to take its picture.)

I don't start until July 9th. I'm toying with the idea of a "Liz Starts a New Job" series because that will be the next significantly big thing going on in my life. New jobs are always fun, and sometimes hard for me. It usually takes me a while to feel like I fit in and have the hang of things. Once I've been in jobs for a while I really like them because I feel like I know the answers to all the questions and can help new people when they come along, kind of like I do at the Science Museum.

I'm also having anxiety about not being as good as the other people there, not being as good at my job I mean. There's a lot of information to keep track of with people, a lot of things that I don't want to miss. (No pressure.)

Right now I'm trying to get everything from the old computer onto the new one. I just want to say that it's really nice to be doing this while the old computer is still functional. I remember having to restore eight bazillion things from CDs and that is less than pleasant, especially with a slow CD drive. I'm importing pictures, playing on the internet and updating my iTunes album art all at the same time. I love technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment