10.6.07

The Saturday 8

1. do you have an exercise routine currently?
Yes. I try to run 3 days a week and go to the Y 3 days a week. At the Y I like the eliptical, the bikes, and the rowing machine.

2. what's the most amount of money per month that you would pay for a gym?
I dunno. I like the YWCA, so if I have a high gym fee I try to remember I'm buying a lot of the other wonderful things they do there as well, and that's a good investment in my community.

3. have you ever been unable to exercise, for instance, due to an injury, lack of funds or time, etc.?
Yup. Remember back this fall when I fell and had to stop running for a while? It blew.

4. have you ever had a friend or family member that exercised TOO much, to the point that they were anorexic (or very, very close)?
Nope.

5. have you ever exercised too much, to the point where it was unhealthy?
I don't think so, well not in the anorexia sense. I learned earlier this year that it's unhealthy to run every day and never cross train. I'm hopeful that I've started to rectify that situation with going to the Y.

6. have you ever had a negative experience at a gym (with other patrons, equipment, trainer) or with the gym themselves (billing, closings, etc.)?
I do surprising well at my gym. You'd think something there would have sparked a panic attack.

7. one form of exercise that seems bizarre to me is spinning as i cannot understand sitting on a stationary bike for an hour with some little skinny bitch screaming at you from HER stationary bike. what form of exercise do you not 'get' or would never try because it seems too weird to you?
I had a friend who liked the spin classes. They're really popular at the Y. I think American Football and American wrestling ala WWE are the two I get the least. The thing is, especially for wrestling, but really for both sports, a certain level of athleticism is required. And then it's put to poor use.

8. if you had two free, dedicated hours each day to do something athletic that would NOT take away from work, friends, or family time, and the unlimited funds to do it, what type of exercise would you do daily? lipo, by the way, does not count... ;)
If I could do it every day I'd run. I don't because it's not healthy to do it every day and in Minnesota it's not realistic to expect to be able to run all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment