2.4.07

Anyone out there who...

Today I woke up at 5:30am when the alarm went off and promptly decided I needed more sleep. Then I "woke up" at 7:30am and actually got out of bed at 8am. All of this meant that I had to do exercise after work. I was painfully aware of this decision since it's spring break for all of Minneapolis public schools and I wasn't sure of the level of chaos that would await me at eitehr the YWCA or Lake Nokomis.

Ultimately I decided to go to the YWCA and run sprint intervals. (It's sprinting to me!) I ran 3 laps (.5 mile total) at 90 second intervals which means I ran 1/6th of a mile laps every 90 seconds. No matter how long the lap took me at the end of 90 seconds (no matter how much rest I had or hadn't had) I started the next lap. After the first three I took a break, then ran 3 more. Another break, one lap, another break and the last two laps. I picked that interval because it's a 9:00 mile. I also got faster and faster. My last lap was about 80 seconds and some in the middle were 76 or 77 seconds. My first lap was about 80 but two and three were edging up to 90.

After running I put on one of my favorite shirts.



Now for my question. A radio station in town does this thing called, "Is there anyone listening who..." and then they ask different questions every day. So for Lizzie's blog, is there anyone out there who understands how to use interval training to improve times?

No comments:

Post a Comment