7.1.07

I'm so happy that I'm amused by this

Well, this really could have aggravated me except it's really funny. I just blogged about Keynote, a freeware program. I was playing around with it and looking for keyboard shortcuts. One of the shortcuts I wanted was an increase tab indent shortcut because for unknown reasons hitting the tab key in this particular program doesn't do that. So, the shortcut is the ctrl key and that little backwards apostrophe at the upper left of most keyboards above the tab key and next tot he number 1. The other character on that key is the squiggle line that goes over the letter N in some Spanish words. That key is not on my keyboard. At this point all I can do is be amused.

In other news, I'm still adding CDs back onto my computer. I haven't totally made peace with Media Player 11 but it is really slick with the album art. For some reason it has trouble finding my internet connection sometimes.

I also found a couple other funny things on the internet in this study break:
NASA May Have Killed the Martians: perhaps the funniest Slashdot headline ever.
2. Weaning the Military from the GOP. The number of active duty military personnel identifying as republicans is declining at a more rapid than normal rate. It talks about the political implications as well.
3. 100 Most Influential Books Ever Written. I'm surprised the Old Testament isn't #1, that's something three religions share after all.
4. A great article about the impact of technology on social interaction. I love the cell phone statistics in particular. Maybe I'll show this to the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment