12.1.07

I need sleep

I meant to run today. I didn't. I did have lunch with Kelly. (I hope you feel better soon.)

From The Question of the Day:
Long queues
It took me over an hour (normally takes 20 mins) to get home last night! Gale force winds in the UK have made for horrendous driving conditions and roads were chock-a-block. The port of Dover (just down the road) is closed and a lorry had toppled over on the road! So I sat in the car, listened to Radio 2 ~ Steve Wright and then Mark Goodier (at least I think that's who was standing in for Chris Evans) and spoke to my mum on the phone.

So, tell us, what do you do in traffic jams?

It depends. I get aggravated or listen to good music. Sometimes both. Hopefully just the good music. My legs tend to hurt really bad in traffic jams. Anyone else have this? Who else drives a stick?

Here's what I've seen in my internet travels today:
1. A selection of Robert Anton Wilson Essays. The site itself is fine, I just found it odd this was on the del.icio.us hotlist.
2. I do believe my jaw dropped when I read this.
3. See which blogs are popular. Sorry, I'm not on there.
4. The state of New Orleans. There have actually been a lot of murders in Minneapolis this year too. Triple the rate of last year.
5. Update on the first 100 hours of congress. I only get the significance of this, and why politicians have to front load so much legislation from all those years of watching The West Wing.
6. What does Barak Obama know. Short cool story.
7. How do you get free parking in NYC? Work for the government.
8. Yahoo getting around Adblock. Yahoo also still thinks I'm a spammer. I can't send emails from them right now. I still get all their spam from people who think I'm a millionaire homeowner who needs new health and life insurance to pay for my larger breasts, f*ck buddies, and enhanced penis.
9. Mars Rover may have spotted sojurner and then come over to say "hi". How cute is that?
10. Top 10 Foods to Help Fight Cholesterol. I had no idea about the mushrooms. Whole grains didn't even make the list.
11. Adventures in raw food. I knew someone who did that once. I think it's a really hard diet to keep up. Buy a food dehydrator.
12. learn to be a curious photographer. Like I have to be told twice.
13. This guy lived in the woods for twenty years. I wonder what sent him there in the first place.
14. Simple perspective technique.
15. 13 reasons to doubt the iPhone hype.
16. This one speaks for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment