11.12.06

The Miracle Mile and Pictures of the Day

I am a slacker and so did not get up and run. I even got to work an hour late. There was a Christmas party at a staff's house. I went home and ran and then headed over. A couple of things. First it was raining. This is officially my first day running in the gortex. I also lost my headlight. I went to Target to get another one because I also learned I can't run without it. And I knew I had to run and then turn around and leave again so I decided I'd do 3.6 miles faster than I run 4.5 miles or 4.25 miles. I did. I ran it in 40 minutes or 11:06 miles. That's not impressive to anyone but me because I usually run a 12:15 mile.

Then I went to this party where they played a game called guesstures. I thought, "oh, good I need a photo for today".

At first I thought I would use Kathy's pretty and fuzzy socks.


Then I thought I would use this one of Lynn making sure the game is working right.


And then other Lynn tried to do something with a sock. I'm not sure what that was about, she wasn't on my team.
And this one is just funny.



And then Sue wanted to use my camera to take a picture of me. I think I look hairy in that picture.

One of the hints on Project 365 is to take a picture of yourself at least once a month. Also, please note the new sweater. Thanks, I like it too.

After the party I had to go to Target to get a new light and eighteen bottles of shampoo and conditioner because apparently they're the only store in the Twin Cities that has the big bottles of the conditioner I like, and that's when I saw what was destined to be my photo of the day.


These are the stickers we give out at the touch pool of the aquarium where I (sometimes) work. I have seen these things so many times. It's possible I've had dreams about them. I've been on leave from the aquarium for over a month and they're still following me around. Gah!

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for:
1. This was my experience at Rainbow last night only there was a wild little boy in the shopping cart ahead of me.

2. 10 Promising Treatments for the World's Biggest Health Threats. I was glad to see many "3rd world diseases" like Dengue Fever and especially Malaria on this list. I'd like to have seen Cholera or Polio but I guess the breakthroughs there haven't been big enough.

3. Night Owls are More Creative. I write my best papers at 1am, although that's getting to be a painful experience.

4. Do It Yourself Ornaments. How cool are these?

No comments:

Post a Comment