24.12.06

It's everyone's worst nightmare

That's right, my computer died. I blame software to sync a cell phone to the laptop. No one knows what I was thinking. Somewhere on Tasha The Toshiba there's a .dll file that is killing it.

I was about in tears when I figured all this out. Mercifully my friend Chris was able to pull off my pictures and my important documents. I just let the music library go. I didn't have that many CD-Rs with me.

How did they do it you ask? Well, I have no idea. Chris and his friend Geoff who is equally a computer nerd were going to put Knoppix onto the computer but that was too big of a download. Geoff suggested Damn Small Linux or "DSL" which is what we used. How small is it? It's a 50MB operating system. Why is it so small? There's like no GUI so it's all typing commands.

All of you who know Linux line commands please stand up. Yeah, that's what I thought. Eventually Chris connected my computer running DSL to his home network and copied the files I needed. They only took up two CDs worth. I told you I didn't put music on there. Sadly I can't figure out how to make DSL find the wireless network I've been pirating so I'm relagated to dial up. I'm still trying to load pictures.

In other news, (while I wait for my pictures to load) I ran 5.2 miles today at an 11:09 mile. I may not be running as far tomorrow though because I think I have to get up and have brunch.

Ok, I just realized the photos I was trying to upload are ginormous files. I'll play with them and do this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment