22.12.06

Anti-virus software review

I've been updating my anti-virus software. No good can come of it.

I thought AVG Anti-Virus which is what I have, was no longer going to be free. So I went to Tech Support Alert to read about "The Best 46 Free Utilities Ever" and CNet to read about good antivirus freeware programs.

Then I unistalled AVG except for somereason it didn't uninstall correctly so the only part of the program that uninstalled was the uninstaller itself. Then I was really stuck. So I went and downloaded the AVG freeware again, installed it over the current version and then uninstalled it.

I downloaded ClamWin which is really popular. I'd been running it for a while. I liked it except it slowed my computer down when I was starting it up or pulling it out of hibernation.

Then I tried Avast which would have been good if it was not freaking impossibile to install. I had to uninstall Norton and Symantec to get it to work right and even then I wasn't sure if it was working correctly.

Luckilly it was about then that I figured out AVG is still free, it's just a new version so I put that back on my computer and am happy once again. Soon I'll do the same thing to my parents computer. Hi, my name is Liz and I'll be your IT support for Christmas break.

No comments:

Post a Comment