2.11.06

I learned to hypnotize people today

Today in "Advanced Practice: Mental Health with Adults" (which is the name of a class I'm taking) we learned to hypnotize each other. To all of you who just said, "I can't be hypnotized" I'm going to say "not that kind of hypnotized. It's really just being very relaxed. It works well with people who have anxiety problems. (Oh, hey, that's me.)

I was very anxious about driving a 15 passenger van (with 15 passengers) today. The whole hypnotization and visualizing myself remaining calm while packing said van was very helpful.

It's good that I was nice and calm because when I got done with that whole thing, I got a call from a friend. The message was "call me when you get this". This friend never leaves the "call me when you get this" message. I'm thinking that she's sick, or her dad is sick, or something else equally horrible has happened because any message from her that's under a minute long is unusual. So, I called this friend back as soon as I could. Here was the conversation:

Me: Hey I got your message. I'm sorry it took me so long to call. I just got off of work.
Friend: It's ok. Hey, who sings that song, "If I had a million dollars"
Me: (In my head: are you kidding me?) Outloud voice: The Barenaked Ladies
Friend: They're going to be in town soon. Do you want to go...

As Kelly would say, "this is against the rules people".

No comments:

Post a Comment