11.5.19

Hanging with the Family: Flying Pig Edition

Wednesday
Run: Woke up at the crack of dawn and ran before heading out.
Morning: Flying to Cincinnati
Afternoon: We had Indian Food for lunch, and then I hung out with Dad.
Evening: Supermom, Superdad and Superbaby came over to play.  I am FunAunt, which means Superbaby gets to eat on the floor when she comes to play.  Sometimes she gets to eat off of the floor too, but that's more because I'm a failure at being an adult.
Family: In addition, we did try to see Grandma.  She was asleep when Dad and I got there and I kept telling him not to wake her up. Turns out, she wasn't getting up anyways so we were fine.

Thursday
Run: 3 miles in the morning.  It was soooo humid.
Morning: I got coffee, tried to see Grandma, but she was asleep.  Instead I hung out at the Krohn and looked at the pretty butterflies, but not really, because there was a school group there.  But I did get some pictures of the fog.
Afternoon: Olive and I drove some more of the Marshmallow course.  And found some more hills. Wowsers! Then we had a do-over with the butterflies and had much better luck since the school group was gone.
Evening: We had a better visit with Grandma.  Mom, Dad and I sat with her while she ate.  Olive sat down in the court yard, fell asleep, and got mistaken for a resident.  Dad immediately pointed out that she's 100 years old so it's okay.
Family: Sort of good visit with Grandma.  She seemed much less distressed than past visits, but more confused.  Mom asked a story about Grandma raising Dad but Grandma told us a story from her own childhood instead. We'll take it.

Friday
Run: 1+ miles, back and forth on a flat stretch of ground near Mom and Dad's place.
Morning: I headed over to see Grandma, plus an Aunt and Uncle were there as well.
Afternoon: Olive, Mom, and I did packet pick up until I was too tired and basically brain dead.  The worst part of this packet pick up is the parking.  Both the Vine Street Garage, and the one on Race across the street from the Convention Center were full.
Evening: We ate at home (I want meat!) and then headed over to watch You're A Good Man Charlie Brown.
Family: Bonus today was hanging out with Marge, who is not a blood relative but is definitely family!

Saturday
Run: 2 mile shake out run while Olive was racing. It did get some of the nerves out.
Morning: Olive did the 10K this morning.  Mom and I attempted to cheer her on in the beginning and successfully cheered her on in the end.
Afternoon: Took a nap.  My coach will be so happy. I got nervous so I started looking at all my old posts from training, and reflected on all the hard work I did to get here.  One surprise was finding and falling in love with Coon Rapids Dam and Rush Creek Trail this winter. Another surprise was how many of my long runs I've really forgotten until I see the pictures again.
Evening: I requested a particular restaurant (I want meat!) for supper and it was excellent.  As a bonus, I shared a couple gems with Olive from my Streak Runner Group on Facebook.  One was the "what was the worst injury/sickness you ran through?" post, and the other was the "I want to take a 48 hour train ride and I know someone on here knows the exact length of the sleeper car"  (Spoiler: it's 85' exterior length on the Empire Builder routes).
Family: I lay particularly low today. I didn't even see Grandma.

Sunday
Run: 26.2 miles of run/walk programs.  Full marathon is done.  At the end I said I'd never do another marathon.  We'll see how that goes.
Morning: Running the marathon. Mom and Olive were 'team car' and they saw me at the start, mile 3, 5, 9, 11, 19, 21 and the finish.  Dad and Marge were 'team Walk' and they saw me at miles 12 and 17.
Afternoon: Recovery meal at Skyline.
Evening: Party at our house.  Some of my favorite people from Kentucky came up, as well as part of the Dayton crowd.  We had pizza, played games, and visited.  It was just what I wanted.
Family: Yes, saw the Alexandria crowd, Cynthiana family, and aunt/uncle from Dayton.  (Dayton cousin was sadly unable to attend.)

Monday
Run: More like a hobble for 1.25 miles.  Olive cheered me on.
Morning: Saw Deb for the beginning of Eat all of the Things day. We had breakfast at Bellevue Bistro.
Afternoon: Olive and I had lunch at Arlins and dessert and Grater's.  Then we saw the William Howard Taft House, and took a quick stroll in Burnet Woods.
Evening: We went to The Branch, which is a new restaurant where a childhood friend works.  I liked the food.  Dad thought it was fussy.
Family: I sat with Grandma while she had her lunch and it was the best visit I'd had with her in some time.

Tuesday
Run: Slightly less of a hobble for 1.25 miles.  No cheering support.
Morning: Dad and I took Olive to the airport.  We tried to visit Grandma but it did not go well.
Afternoon: We took Mom flower shopping.  Y'all, she was in her bliss.
Evening: We had supper basically with Superbaby.  In one week, I can tell how much better she is walking.
Family: Superbaby was the highlight of the day.

Wednesday
Run: My slowest paced post marathon run, but still done.
Morning: I cooked breakfast and packed.
Afternoon: I was slightly green as the airplane landed in Minneapolis.  They changed our approach a couple of times, which involved a lot of turns in the air.  Olive took me home.
Evening: I sorted out my work schedule and lay on the couch. I am not totally unpacked.
Family: I made a date to meet a new baby, probably tomorrow morning. I am so excited. Also, apparently we are expecting snow.  How do I unsubscribe from this weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment