24.11.18

Long Run Thursday: Turkey Trot

Plan: I'm going to start working with a coach soon.  Her suggestion at the moment is to run the runs, not run/walk, so that's what I went with.  Also"don't look at the watch" which I did almost until the end.  (I had a plan about where it was okay to take a look.) 

Route: This is my aunt's neighborhood.  I mostly follow the curb on the left side of the road around the neighborhood.  There's a couple places I deviate but that's the general rule.  I cross a main road at one point because the other side has hills and some scenic woods.
Weather: Cold and windy but no snow.   It was 27* and 10mph winds.
Wardrobe: Brooks Running pants, Smart Wool Compression socks, smart wool top, wind proof jacket, hat, gloves (which did eventually come off) and Merrell Trail Crusher shoes.
Execution: I felt great and had a great time.  Towards the end of the run my stomach got a bit upset, which hasn't happened on a run in a long time.  That's probably more about the foods I've been eating this week than anything else.
Nutrition: LOL, see above.  This was a fasted run.
From today, I learned: Running just felt good today.  I had a blast.
Bonus: This post is mostly about future me. I found myself really wanting a 'long run report' so I remembered what to do for this run. 
To my future self: the way the map is drawn works out to about 8.6 miles.  Adding those last two side streets at the end would probably bump it up to just shy of 9 miles (and then have fun running up and down the driveway to get that last little bit, right?)
Also to my future self: the marker for mile 8 is slightly off because I accidentally lapped my watch at 7.96 when I took my glove off.

No comments:

Post a Comment