16.3.11

On the road to back to humanity

The plague has hit my office.  Seriously.  It's been bad, some people with fever recurring after it's been gone for a day or two, some who've lost their voices, and today a social worker told me, in all seriousness, "Liz, you've lost weight since you were sick" (with the implied 'that's not an acceptable method of weight loss).

My colleague is correct.  I have had no appetite.  None.  It's all the gunk draining out of my sinuses making me mildly ishy inside.  Monday I worked eight hours.  (Good job.)  Tuesday I made it six hours and then came home and laid in bed the rest of the day and night.  I called it relapse prevention.  The problem was I didn't want to eat lunch so then I just felt weak and tired.

Today I knew I needed to eat, and I needed to eat actual food with vitamins and minerals.  I had a bowl of yogurt and granola with a banana for breakfast.  I ate about half of it.  (No, that's good.)  I had a burrito for lunch.  (Beans and corn and rice.  Good veggies no matter what you say.)  I ate over half of it.

Then I went for a run with Team:Work.  My boss asked me how it felt to be out.  "It feels like home".  It also calmed my stomach down.  When I got home I tried a raspberry smoothie.  I did not make it half way.  Oh well, breakfast and lunch were good at least.

I am still coughing a lot, a little nervous for a grown up run tomorrow morning.  There may be a 'save yourself' moment in this run where others go on ahead.  Running tonight felt good so I'm hoping for the same treatment tomorrow.  I also want you to know that my PINK shoes feel fantastic.  It just feels like I finally have the right shoes for the way I run now.  Nice.

Here's some music for you to enjoy since I don't have any pretty pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment