31.12.17

2017 Run Down

Streak:
Running streak remains intact.  I celebrated with Mom, Dad, and friends of the family.  5K for 5 years.

Races:
Flying Pig 3 Way Challenge: Beat my A goal for time.  Also the first year I wasn't so sore I wanted to die after the race.  That made a nice change.
Loony Challenge: Beat my A goal for time.  I guess next year I need a more aggressive goal?
Feet in the Street 5K: I think this was my favorite race of the year.  I was certainly in the best fitness of the year.  It was an emotional day because of the streak anniversary.  And it was a great running performance.



Workouts:
In addition to running, I tried to lift 3 times/week.  Sundays is single arm/single leg days.  Tuesday and Thursday are following the 5X5 plan (so just one A day and one B day/week).  I threw some other stuff in there from time to time with plyos and other exercises.  Weight lifting has been the most consistent. 


Surprises:
I'm surprised by the real lack of Zumba most months.  Every time I go I think "this is such a great workout for my hips".  But timing wise it's not always convenient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment