31.7.16

TCM 10 Miler - 11 weeks to go

Sunday
Planned: 10-12 miles running
Actual: 10.18 miles, going very slow and very hot.  Finisher of 8 minute abs.  I did not go back to sleep after this run, so that's different from yesterday.

Monday
Planned: Hills or trails
Actual: 7.15 miles on paved trails at Baker Park Reserve.  This course is all the hills.  8 Minute Abs.

Tuesday
Planned: Low heart rate run + lift weights
Actual: 3.25 miles, Avg HR 129.  60 mins elliptical.  TRX/Kettlebell class.  And then some foam rolling to wash it all down.

Wednesday
Planned: 1 mile
Actual: 1.3 miles on the treadmill, 8 minute abs

Thursday
Planned: 8-10 miles
Actual: 8 miles, Avg HR 139.  This was a solid run and I felt great.  Stretching/abs/etc were interrupted.

Friday
Planned: 1 mile
Actual: 1.9 miles at the Anoka Preserve becuase it was the most gorgeous day ever and I had the right shoes for it!


Saturday
Planned: Speed workout: 3x7 mins, 4 mins recovery for each set
Actual: Speed workout complete.  I'm thinking maybe I need to have a faster pace goal for the race.  Everything I've read about speed work basically says at this stage of training I should feel like I'm dying.  I didn't feel like I was dying but I didn't think that was a pace I could've held for 10 miles either.  Paces were 10:38, 10:54, and 11:18.  (11:18 was up a wicked hill that I hate.)


No comments:

Post a Comment