1.9.14

August 2014 Monthly Totals


What Worked Well: Exploring while running.  I'm still finding some new places to run including Buffalo, Orrock (which was a fail, but I think I could find a way to make it work sometime), Elk River, and new paths to Downtown Minneapolis.  I found two new running routes in Cincinnati as well.

What Worked Well Part Two: This foam rolling instruction video is responsible for over half of those 'stretching' minutes.  I skip the first five minutes where she talks about the different foam rollers.  The only thing that would make it better is if she did the 'back release' exercises again at the end of the video. 

What Could Go Better: Finishers.  I know I said that last month too, and I tried to do more this month.  It worked for about a week before I fell out again.  I will just have to be more purposeful about when I do them.

What Could Go Better Part Two: I've had several longer runs go super slow, trying to keep a low heart rate.  Why are they so slow?  Because I'm running in the evening and it's hot.  This is a double edge sword of course, because all of my 'exploration runs' are in the afternoon and evening, and I'd have to get my ass out of bed in the morning and run to avoid this.  Sigh. 

Biggest Surprise: Zero elliptical miles.  I'm not a huge fan of the elliptical like I used to be.  I do find it's great for long workouts with an even heart rate. I guess I'm having an 'it's summer and I refuse to be inside' part of my training.

Plan for next month: Continue to stretch.  Continue to explore while running.  Finishers after all long runs, at at least one other day a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment