25.7.14

Six miles on the creek - in which I fall down

It's been a while since I've fallen down.  I had a nasty spat of it last year in the spring and then seemed to be free for a while.  Today I fell twice. In the first 1.5 miles.  It was not my favorite run ever.

Fall #1 occurred on Cedar Ave, where I didn't even realize it was possible to trip.  It was nasty.  I went down on my hands and knees before I could get myself into a safer falling position.  Luckily I didn't realize I'd scraped my leg up for 3 or 4 more miles.  Fall #2 occurred on 43rd street.  It was much more spectacular because I rolled completely head over heels.  My preferred method of falling.  While visually awesome, it was much less significant. I just popped up, got my heart rate under control and kept running.  See why I like to fall that way?

I have no idea if I have any lasting injuries.  My legs feel fine, other than the scrape on my knee.  Sometimes my wrist or shoulder feels weird but for now I'm deciding to ignore it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment