14.6.13

Too humid to handle

It's just been a rough week.  Things just haven't been right.  I'm hungry but I don't want to eat.  I'm tired but I can't sleep.  You know the drill.  I was debating running at all tonight, after I bailed on a dinner for the board I'm on.  I headed over to the gym planning to do 4 miles. There was no air conditioning at the track.  Holy buckets. 

After 2 miles on the track, I tried to hit the treadmill.  As we all know, I can't just get on the treadmill.  I need to have a plan.  I need to be emotionally prepared.  So I ran hard for most of the 1/4 mile laps, then walked at the end.  Sometimes it's entertaining to see "how fast does an 8:00 mile feel?"  That plan kept me going through 3 miles and then I was done.  The new playlist sort of worked, although I'd sweat out my earbuds by the end.  Humiditiy.

Since it's weird to take pictures in a public gym, and really the gym is almost too boring for pictures anyways, enjoy this art car that I see all the time in the parking lot instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment