14.4.13

Treadmill workout - So over the rain

Today was my six month anniversary of this little "mile per day" project.  Since the weather outside sucks, I hit the gym.  I was oddly motivated to try a workout on the treadmill.  (I know, that never happens.)  I added a couple new songs to my running playlist and hit the gym.



Treadmill workout - Part 1 I learned about from the Hungry Runner Girl and it looked interesting.  I'll go ahead and admit that my 'easy' pace was 5.2 mph and my 'hard' pace was between 6.4 and 6.5 mph.  I got those times based on goal marathon pace and goal 5K pace.  I did the workout as described, except my cool down was a bit shorter and lead me into Part 2.  Treadmill workout - Part 2.  I wanted to cover 4 miles in my workout, but part 1 only gave me 3 miles so I did an ascending workout.  (What the hell is that?)  I started the mile at 5.3mph, and every .05 miles, I increased the pace by .01mph so I ended up running 7.3mph and praying for peace to end up the mile.

I was a bit sad and blue when my Nike+ sensor finally died and didn't record this workout.  I did get a new sensor today and test it in my building, so at least on the list of workouts there is one for today even if it wasn't the real one.  (OCD? The things that go on in my head...)

No comments:

Post a Comment