29.1.13

Lake Nokomis Winter Running

I woke up this morning, not late, but just on time.  First order of the day was to go clean the crap off my car from all the awesome snow we got last night.

 
The thought process for running went like this:  It snowed a lot last night.  The side walks will be a mess. The best place to run would be Lake Nokomis because the paths will be plowed.  If I run at Lake Nokomis I have to go in the middle of the day when it's light.

I worked from 8am to 3pm and then hit the trails.  It was about 100% humidity, and the trails seemed to have been plowed one way but not the other.  (I guess they're waiting for the rest of the snow to fall tonight?)  Still, everything was in much better shape than if I'd run in the neighborhoods. 

The run, as my neighbor described it "white on the bottom, stripe of color, and grey on the top".  That's how all of Minnesota looks at the moment.  I did see an awesome bird of prey (red tail hawk I think); and got close enough to snap a nice picture. 




 
I was moving along pretty well at one point on this run. That was only seconds before I noticed there was no oxygen in the air (because it's all water vapor?).  Then I had a "don't poop your pants" moment or two as well.  Even so, I ended at a fairly honest pace.  



3-Way Challenge Training:
Goal for the week is 23 miles - 6.4 miles as of Monday night.
Long run of the week is at least 5 miles - DONE.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment