10.12.12

Sunday Snow Run

I was considering training for the Flying Pig Marathon.  Today may have changed that.  If I want to run the marathon, I'd basically have to start training around Christmas.  This snow means that no roads or sidewalks will be clear again, ever, until about March.  It's just something I've learned from living up here.  Snow falls.  It doesn't melt.  Sidewalks are hard to clear.  Sigh.

Today instead of running the Dreidel Dash 10K (unceremoniously cancelled by the City of St Paul because of safety concerns), I hit the neighborhood path for a little 1-mile run and an excuse to take lots of pictures.  I don't know how much snow had fallen, six or eight inches and more is still coming down.  They were predicting eight inches but I've seen some reports revising it to as much as fifteen and snow continuing to midnight.  I did wear my YakTrax.  They still work.

After the run, I did Fifteen.  Remember when it started as eleven.  I did burpees instead of walkouts.  It was hard.  That's a total of 105 burpees and squats.  No wonder I was so tired at the end.



















       

No comments:

Post a Comment