17.10.12

Different ways to work out after a marathon

There are so many different ways to work out after a marathon.  I've found several of them this week.

Run with friends - works best if you go at the crack of dawn way before the crack of dawn.  If you are going to run this early, wear your reflective gear because it's dark out. 



I wasn't kidding about the dark.  After the run it was still dark, even when I got home.  If you're going to go this early, it's really helpful if you like your friends and will look forward to seeing them.  I have a group that's about 15 minutes away and I never see them any other way.  Also, they have kids and I have no excuse so I have to haul myself over to them.

Water Running - Water running also involves waking up early but does not require reflective gear.  We had a sub this morning.  Our teacher finally wised up and trained someone else to be her sub so she could take time off to get married.  Today's workout was a butt kicker that really snuck up on me.  It was warm up, 1:00 hard, 1:00 easy for a total of 10 rounds and then 0:30 hard and 0:30 easy for 10 rounds.  Kicked my butt hard.   There are no pictures because of my history with water and electronics.

Hill Runs - I have a love/hate relationship with hill runs.  I hate running up and love running down.  Tonight we did the hill with Team:Work.  We had a bunch of no-shows but the crew who ran were all hard workers and got after it, especially back down the hill at the bottom.  Look how fast we went!









Home Circuit workout - I was supposed to do this twice before tomorrow night.  Between all the other stuff I'm doing I wasn't sure where I'd fit it in so I did both workouts tonight after running.  Instead of 16, rest 1 minute, 16 more, rest 1 minute 16 more of everything I did 48 reps of everything, rest 3 minutes, 48 more reps of everything.  It took me 30 minutes or so.  Done.
     




No comments:

Post a Comment