1.6.12

Lord please let me find a road bike...

Today was a day of movement.  I'm hopeful that's almost over.

 

730am I had a running date with coach Beth.  She told me to call her coach.  We did the Liz Loop including the killer hills.  We run much faster together than I could've run alone.  For runners wondering "how can I run faster?"  The answer is run with someone who's faster than you and try to keep up.



The highlights of the run.  Dip number 1 is when my coach had a sock issue.  Dip number 2 is that big hill.  Dip number 3 was a "don't poop your pants" related break.  Runners, you know what I'm talking about.  

10am I headed over to see my mechanics for an oil change and for them to look around and tell me how much longer I should keep my car.  While they were doing the test drive, inspection and oil change, I headed down the block for breakfast.  Those of you in Minneapolis may recognize the Chicago and 48th business district.



Good news: my mechanics love my car.  Even better news: The new timing belt that it needs will be my birthday present.  Thanks Dad!

11ish I came home and contemplated life.  I tried to take a nap but couldn't manage it after all the coffee I had with my danish.  I decided I should hit the road on my bike and mapped out a route instead.

2ish I hit the trails.  Highlights of the route include Cedar Lake which is phenomenal and "trying to get back to the chain of lakes" which should never be attempted from that trail through uptown.  There's no way not to climb like a freaking mountain to do it.  Although I may have found the flattest possible route.  The Bryant Ave bikeway was pretty nice.  Ultimately I prefer trails to sharing the road with cars, even on a bikeway.   Goals for my next bike ride include Brownie Lake and taking the Cedar Lake Trail all the way to the river. 


Here's the rundown of the ride and further proof that mountain bikes are slooooow.

 
Now: I'm finally so tired I can't move.  My plan for the rest of the night: Lay on the couch and hydrate.




No comments:

Post a Comment