19.6.12

Just keep swimming Running!

For the past couple weeks I've been feeling pretty low about running, but I had a nice turnaround in attitude this week.  Not sure how long it'll last but I'm enjoying it for now.

Sunday I tried to kill myself on the elliptical.  (Oh, just try the same speed at a higher resistance, it wont be so bad.  It doesn't matter there's apparently no a/c in the gym.)  You know that light headed feeling you get when your heart beats too fast...
I cooled down on the track and headed home.


Monday I was all relaxed and in the zone for a long run.  I was really excited, I was feeling like I could do it, I wanted to be out there that long.  Finally, this is the feeling I've been missing the past couple of weeks.  I was in fantasy land.  I woke up and got out of bed very early.  Only to check the weather.  70* and 90% humidity at sunrise is not long run weather.  Pooh. 

Instead of running 10 miles in that crap, I did something even more dumb.  I headed over to the gym around 5pm and did a sprint/walk track workout for a little over an hour.  (The track is the part of the gym that's air conditioned at least.)  After running five miles I went to the "Circuit Plus" Circuit class.  The plus means it's 15 minutes longer than normal.  I nearly died.  No, seriously, I just had to modify a couple of the exercises to keep my heart rate from getting too too high.  I was toast by the end of class though.

Tuesday I headed over to the Bolder Options training group. Consider making a donation to support Bolder Options!  It was so hot.  It was about 90*.  We did a mile warm up run, drills in the grass (my ankles hate you), and then a mile cool down.  Drills were fun and challenging.  And hot.  Drills were hot.  All of it was hot.

At the end of the day, I finally hit the pool.  The pool was cooler than I expected.  They must've turned the heater off.  The best part of my day is always getting out of the pool and then letting all the water evaporate off me.  It's when I finally cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment