9.4.12

Monday running - a new hill route

I've been feeling like I needed to run more, so I decided to forgo Circuit tonight in favor of running this morning.  I also decided seven miles, while awesome, may be a bit too long for every single day.  So I tried a new route.  And it has a hill.


The "hill" section starts just west of Lyndale, with a hill up to Lyndale, on Lyndale, and all the way across 50th until I crossed back over 35W. 

This route also afforded me an excellent view of some serious construction.  The Lyndale Ave bridge over the creek is closed *ahem* "torn down and awaiting a rebuild". Please find a detour.


Here's a profile of the route.  The hill is for real.  Plus me route ends on a down hill which is always the point.  (Since I live in the low ground it's actually impossible to end going up hill.)


Can you tell I got stopped at Nicolette Ave and then again at Portland Ave?  Those two big dips aren't from slowing down up the hills.  They're from stopping at red lights.

I did still go to Pilates tonight.  My hip flexors were clearly getting a little out of shape and need some attention.  Oy.


No comments:

Post a Comment