19.4.12

Dear Pollen - I may owe you an apology

It turns out what I thought was allergies was the start of a raging sinus infection.  Oy.  It's been a rough week.

Monday I did not one but two trainings at a senior housing campus for staff to deal with residents basically being rude to each other.  When you move to a senior housing campus, it's like going back to junior high. Consider yourself warned.  I did go to circuit and Pilates and felt basically human until I lay down to sleep.  I have no idea what drugs I took, I'm thinking it was Benadryl that ultimately did the trick.

Tuesday I worked for a few hours because I had a special meeting at the county to attend.  Ha!  I'm on a pilot group.  After our agency all staff meeting I was sent home for sounding like a barking seal.  I was coughing and it was disgusting.  I spent the rest of the day on the couch.  At the end of the day I finally realized I had a fever.  I also realized this shit is in my lungs.  Not good.  Nyquil was totally used.

Wednesday I had to go to work for a little while because of a meeting that could not be rescheduled.  I scheduled it originally so I couldn't complain.  I'd planned to stay at least long enough to get all the equipment set up for the meeting and the video cued and ready to go.  After that, I really could've left someone else in charge.  But the healing power of DayQuil is not to be underestimated.  I wound up working a half day.  (Until the drugs wore off.)  I went home, took a second dose of DayQuil and spent time with my couch.  I took Nyquil again too; just in case.

Thursday which is today, I felt like I should at least try to work most of the day.  Great success.  At the end of the day I headed out to see Kari and get my hairs cut (thank goodness; it's about time).  Then I realized I need to go to the gym basically every remaining day this month to get my good behavior discount.  I hit the gym and decided to do a 'light workout' on the bike while listening to Car Talk.  Best idea ever.  Highlights include 'the girl who bought a jeep so she could drive over the speed bumps at work' and something about crows feet.
I didn't cough crap up nearly as much as I expected which is good news.  It probably means the crap in my lungs isn't nearly as bad as the last time I had crap in my lungs and couldn't run for a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment