12.3.11

Taking a pause while recovering from the plague

Wednesday: Longest day ever at work.  I had to go to a training that was, um, irrelevant.  Then I had to lead a training.  I got a really nice compliment on the training I lead though.  All through the day I'm thinking why does my throat hurt?  By the end of the day I was also thinking I swear I have a fever.  I was so tired and felt so crappy that I didn't even take my temperature, I just went straight for the nyquil.

Thursday: Very early in the morning I realized that one dose of nyquil wasn't going to get me through the night.  Sometime after that, whoa, 102*, this thing is for real.  I spent most of the day on the couch.  Amanda brought rations including jello, oranges and popsicles.  Sometime Thursday night I had to take more drugs which my stomach didn't like.  The only thing my stomach would tolerate was the jello.  Thank goodness for Amanda.  I hate jello.  Never thought there would be a time it was acceptable. 

Friday: Oh good.  I'm still sick.  At some point I called work and got someone to water my plants.  Also, I swear I agreed to run some race in Kansas.  I'll find out more about that later.  I have no real memory from the fever frying my brain. Also, it burns my chest every single time I cough.  This shit is in my lungs.

Saturday: Woke up and took ibuprofen.  My stomach hates me.  No, seriously.  I think my stomach would like me to be drug free and suffer the fever pain for a little while.  The ibuprofen helped though because I felt well enough to load the dishwasher and take a shower.  Still left to do is strip the bed and put on new sheets.  I'm saving laundry for tomorrow.  I'm coughing less, believing more in the power of jello.

No comments:

Post a Comment