21.2.12

Long Run Sunday - Crap In: Crap Out

There's a legend among runners that if you give your body crappy food and don't take care of it, your body will totally bail on long runs.  Crap in: Crap out.  Completely true.  Really I just shouldn't have eaten bacon and eggs before the run.  I knew that and still did it though, so it'll probably happen again.

I had a really fun route (one of my all time favorites).  I did my "run 5 walk 2" interval again, although I'm thinking anything around 10 miles or less I should just start running outright.  (Bah!  Why work so hard?)  I did skip the walking intervals on the "down" part of the Ft Snelling trail.  I meant to run up that b!tch of a hill too, but there were so many people on it that I just lost my mind.  I couldn't concentrate and it was time for a walk break anyways.



Most of the run I felt like I was going to die.  Next time: yogurt first.  Eggs and bacon after.
 
To my clothes: I totally should've listened to the Qat Lady's wardrobe advice.  I was way overdressed and hot.  I wound up wearing pants, wool socks, t-shirt, fleece windproof vest, nothing on my arms, hands or head which was fine.  I'd started out with a long sleeve shirt too but I took that off pretty quickly.  Thank goodness the Cambelbak had room for it.

To my hamstrings: Oh my gosh!  I am so sorry for whatever torture I've put you through this week.  We've never talked like that on a run before.  Ever.  And I'll try to make it up to you by not doing any  hip bridges or any other stupid things this week.  Seriously.  My bad. (PS - the guy in the video has his stationary foot waaay too close to his body.  Bad form.)

Soundtrack for the run:



No comments:

Post a Comment