29.12.11

Cincinnati Christmas Day 9 and Day Coming Home

Wednesday - oy, how long have I been here? was a pretty chill day.

Mom and I woke up and went to Jazzercise.  Thank goodness, last one.  Then I headed back out to Kenwood for one last shopping trip with my favorite cousin. (I was with three people, they can fight over who's my favorite!)  Thank goodness also for the last trip out to Kendwood.  Double oy.

This is definitely my favorite picture of Maximo.  Mark was texting above his head.  I was singing Twinkle Twinkle or the ABCs or some such nonsense. 

Then we went with Marge for a walk down by the river in a new-ish city park.  I think I'd seen this park once before it was really built when I worked for the park board.  The full product was much nicer.




In the evening we went to my parents 'church' I use that term loosely for a Kwanza celebration.  I heard there would be drumming and was willing to go for the music.  I think that's actually why Mom wanted to go too.  Dad went because Mom and I both did.


Today I woke up late doh! and went for one final run.  I thought I went faster than my other run but the time is longer.  Either I went faster and hit more stop lights, or all that food is slowing my ass down. 

After running we went down to Kentucky to kiss the baby again *ahem* fetch grandmother for the ride home.  Then we came back and had one last turn at Bangkok Bistro, my real favorite restaurant in Cincinnati.  Yes, even more than Skyline.

It was about this time I realized I needed to pack.  That's right, I'm going home today too.  I spent a little more time on the couch in the sunlight and then headed off to the airport and Minneapolis.
Why does this store always have popcorn and the popcorn smell but it's always closed when I'm at the airport?  Boo!

 
I had a nice flight, it was more crowded than the way out but much less turbulence in route.  In Minneapolis there is no snow on the ground and the lakes are remarkably full of water and not ice.  We've been wondering how this will impact the New Year's Day Ice Plunge.  For now, I'm enjoying the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment