31.8.11

I was assuming it was a full moon; now I have no explanation

Today was just one of those days that started off not so good and kept going in that direction.
Happily, I did find the reset button before it was all over.  Here's what happened

Middle of the night - I had this dream that a specific client of mine died.  It was very real.  So real that when I did wake up, I checked my work voice mail just in case.

6am - Why did I think this would be a good time to get up?  Reset alarm, plan on going to the gym after work at more civilized time.
8am - this is still waaay too early.
9:30 or so - finally stroll in to work.
Got a call from the people who keep telling me I closed someone's services, even though they can't find any actual record of anyone having closed the services, and my repeatedly telling anyone who would listen that I didn't close anything.  Got a call from the person who could fix the whole situation with one call but probably wont.
Got another this - every time I hear this person's voice the hair on the back of my neck stands up. That can't be good.
Went to an event where Senator Franken and Congresswoman McCollum spoke about Medicare, Medicaid, the affordable care act, and the changes resulting from the debt ceiling.  I found Senator Franken to be much more thoughtful and deliberate
Got this last call that may perpetuate the "Liz hangs up on her clients" stereotype for a while longer.  (Honestly people, it's much more complicated than that.)  That call was the final straw.

Found the reset button, went to the gym and had a great time on the elliptical and the rowing machine.  No one was at the gym. It's like a holiday weekend is coming up and everyone's going to the fair or getting ready for the new school year or something.

Found Krazy Kat Lady's reset button and convinced her she would not die if she drove to a restaurant in Minneapolis.  She still doesn't understand my wish to not eat meat.  Live with it.  But we had excellent Thai food and a relaxing evening.

After which I came home and worked for a couple hours to make up for leaving early.

Now, it's possible that I'm resurrecting an old iPod.  (Although it's an "I'll believe it when I see it" kind of thing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment