11.6.11

A beautfiul day for fifteen miles

Today's run was a tale of two paces: fast and wall.  But it was a really good run.  I contemplated doing a Ft Snelling run but ultimately chose the river as my route.

About the time I hit the parkway I knew I was going too fast for a long run but I completely didn't care because it felt so good.  I ran the "up" side of the river much harder than marathon pace knowing I would bonk sooner or later.

I ran the first part of the "down" side of the river faster than normal, backing off a bit for that stupid before Summit Ave.  Sometimes, it feels good to just GO!

Sometime later I did have to just, ahem, go.  I took a walk break and took care of business.  I started running again just in time to hit the wall.  The wall, if you're curious, is located at the Ford Pkwy/46th Street bridge.

Once I got into Minneapolis again, I started allowing walk breaks to accommodate my earlier stupidity *ahem* faster than normal pace.  Hilariously, even with the walk breaks, my time was almost identical to my last long run which means I must've really been moving in the beginning.  Here's how today's run looked:
The up and down is my speed, not elevation.  I took several walk breaks at the end which is why it looks so wild there.

The true tragedy of the day occurred after the run when I dropped my iPod into my ice bath. It's actually not the first time that thing has taken a swim. The touch screen wasn't working when I took it out, but I'm hoping that once it dries it could return to normal. (Otherwise I may have an unexpected expense this month for a new one.)

I had to run out again so I could get a graduation present for my teenager.  (I know, I remember when I first met her).  I then went to the Co-op so I could purchase a steak for my Post-Run meal, came home and ate said steak.

I am now fighting with my digestive system.  As soon as one of us wins, I'm heading over to congratulate my teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment