3.2.08

It's possible that I'm awake enough to write

It's possible I'm awake enough to write, although I'm doubting it.

Amanda and I went to Longfellow Grill this morning for yummy pancakes. Then I came home and did laundry. I'm overwhelmed by the mess here right now. It's so bad I can't even hang up my laundry, it's folded on my bed. Although that could have to do with how tired I am and how really little I've had to eat today. Chipotle anyone? At least they're folded up. It's a small stack really.

Then I thought about watching a free movie on Netflix. That's when I realized the movies that are instantly on basically suck. Why is that? I couldn't really find anything I wanted to watch. I dorked around and listened to some music. I contemplated getting my DVDs. It's one of those "I think I could get back there" situations that I just don't have the energy for right now. Seriously, can I go back and sleep more?

What led to me being so tired?
Friday: Lizzie is sicker than a dog. Woke up late. Went to work late. Left early. Slept. Went to job number two. Ordinarily, I would have called in sick to this job. But I couldn't this time due to a very specific set of circumstances. After sleeping at Amanda's on my air mattress, I felt mildly better.

Saturday: Wake up at work. Have to go find donuts. Thanks Grandma's Bakery. Your customer service sucks. Had a good morning with the overnight group. Went back to my house and showered. I took the plastic off of my bed and crawled in. It was then that my contractor showed up. Thank god I was dressed. He worked while I slept and he didn't really bother me. I was still having symptoms of my illness. I went out to lunch and then to meet the girl I'm paired with from Bolder Options.

I picked her up and we went to the Aquarium. See now why I couldn't call in sick? She decided that I was too quiet, needed to do something different with my hair and needed to dress in different clothes. (I can see Amanda and Kelly grinning now, especially about the clothes.) I was sick and pretty quiet. The thing about me is that if I'm quiet around you it means I'm not nervous. It's when I try to make mindless conversation with people I don't know that things are going south. I had a really nice time. She seems like a really thoughtful person, both in the considerate connotation, and meaning she seems interested in things and people around her. I think that's great.

After I dropped her off I went home, picked up my stuff, experienced more symptoms of my illness and went to look at drawer pulls. I had a bad customer service experience at one place so I went to pick up Amanda and go to Menards. I don't need that many drawer pulls after all. We picked out a few different things that I intended to try out. Then we went home and she studied. I basically had a bowl of soup and fell asleep.

Sunday: Hey, that's today. I tried out the pulls. I hate them all. The knob is the only one I like. Thanks Amanda. I'd try to take a picture but I can't find my camera. It must still be at Amanda's house. It's ok, I'm going back there soon anyways. I guess this means I get to look at a bunch more knobs now to pick one out. I've decided I like the distressed metal look. As a rule I don't like matte metal, and glossy metal will just look dirty. It's funny, I thought I'd really want pulls. Oh well. Maybe I will get the drawer pull Amanda liked. The ones I picked look stupid.

Right now I'm seriously considering Chipotle for dinner. It's either that or more soup. Although that soup's really good. Hmmm. Maybe I'll just go back and see what Amanda is eating. The good thing is my breakfast and lunch are planned for the next few days. Score. I've stashed a bunch of homemade goodies in the freezer at work. I considered going down there for some breakfast food today before Amanda proved she was serious about breakfast.

When I get back to Amanda's we have to fix her couch. This should be hilarious. I think when we drug it up the stairs to her current apartment, the frame got separated from something that should still be attached (like the bed). Although I don't think that's what made the bed so uncomfortable unexpected. We'll see how this goes. Amanda has three screws, my drill and a plan.

In the mean time, here's some proof that Kelly was right and we never should have given her a hard time. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment