24.3.11

In which you can take your snow and STUFF IT

I am so over this winter, it's 82 inches of snow, and the record flooding that is and will continue to ensue as a result.  You know why?  Cause I can't freaking run!  This last snow fall was "it's 31* and this snow is wet, heavy, and icy" kind.  And the residents of the Twin Cities, along with MnDOT and plows from most municipalities just decided not to do snow removal of any kind.  Seriously.  So there's no running outside.  Happily, almost without me noticing it, one of my Team:Work teammates has become my running buddy at the gym.  (I think I've mentioned a time or two how the track is like the pit of despair but it's not so bad with company.)

Tuesday was the busiest day of my life, possibly the most productive I've ever had at my current job.  (Hilariously it was the day that proved my heart is made of stone.)  At the end of the day I ran my co-worker around the track and sang to her.  (That's kind of a joke, when she gets out of breath I sing songs to take her mind off things.)

Wednesday morning I woke up to this:
Just why?  It took minutes to get the snow off my car.  It was that wet and heavy.

Here's what the suck will look like for the day

And a close up shot of the suck in the Twin Cities

Wednesday was also the day they thought it would be fun to do Laughter Yoga at work. So not for introverts. It was like an hour of torture.  Although with the best of intentions.  Then we had lunch to celebrate Social work month.  Things got even crazier.

Live long and prosper!

Shortly after that I left work because between 8am and 1:30pm, my car turned back into this:

Today, I worked a full day. It was fascinating to see what our plow guy did to our lot at work. When you see where he put the snow piles it was like "yeah, that's one place you could have left the snow but it's in like four spots now". I did run tonight.

The plan for tomorrow is go to the gym, come back home and log onto a webex training and conference call, then let the weekend begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment