1.3.11

I am a Runner-Sicle

6:55am: Why is my alarm making noise?
7am: Start working - from my living room
8ish: Leave for a non-mandatory training in downtown St Paul.
Shortly after that: There was a train crossing the tracks on Shepard so I couldn't take a left in the normal place.  I went up one intersection and discovered the underpass was closed.  Why?! 
1.5 miles later: Do you know how far you have to go on this road before there's another place to turn around?  Turning around was ultimately a fail because everyone else had the same idea.
Some time later: I abandoned the training and headed in to my office.  Where I worked forever.
Sprout greets me at my office.  He looks really good.  Here's how he looked last week for a point of reference.

1130am: A walk to the Co op would be nice.
1135am: Arrived safely at Co op after realizing several homeowners and business owners on West 7th have failed to shovel their sidewalks.  Fail for me too right?
Work a bunch more
5pm: The happy revival of Team:Work.  Wow!  That wind is really something.  We ran intervals. It was COLD.  I had no plan today, other than a route that would allow us to safely run on the road.  Today will help me decide what to do for next week.  I think we need intervals and a race to work towards.  My goal for the entire year is to make the Monster Dash Half Marathon our A-race for the year.  I'm not sure I have them all convinced.  I mean it's March right?  Look at all the time we have to train.

See that sunshine up ahead?  Me too.

Winter running in Minnesota - how many layers do you wear?

After 6pm Home.  I want to watch old episodes of Bones and not think about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment