5.9.10

Long Run Sunday - a musical edition

I did a long run today.  I'm sure there will be a more in depth post about the run (can't tell you how excited I'll be to relive that) but for now, here's an update on my running playlist.  Last night I spent some time making a playlist of songs I like and wanted to hear today.

Here's some of the highlights:

  • Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy!. Such a great song. I wish it was a duet and it was a girl singing the chorus. That would just make it hotter than it already is. That's how I imagine it in my head.
  • Usher - Yeah!. I always imagine this from Hitch! when Will Smith tries to teach Kevin James how to dance.
  • U2 - Mysterious Ways. Don't know why, just felt good.
  • Because It's Not Love - the Pipettes. Thanks to Chris for alerting me to this group.
  • Peter Gabrial - Solsburry Hill. This song is in 7-4. Except at the end of each chorus (or is it verse?) there's 2 bars of 4-4. I like to count in my head when I run, it helps me pace myself and I count in fours. So the song being in 7, not so helpful. But it's such a good song. I also can't run to songs in 3-4 or 3-6. Same reason.
  • Martina McBride - Happy Girl - and at that point in the run, I still was.
  • Madonna - Cherish as I'm running over the bridge on Lake Nokomis, at sunrise, with mist coming off the lake. Gorgeous.
  • The Killers - Human. Have I mentioned this song before? I feel like I have.  The Killers is the group that sings "All These Things That I've Done" which has the line that goes "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier", possibly the soundtrack to the Beijing Olympics.
  • Ke$ha - Tik Tok, also known as the soundtrack to Ragnar Relay 2010. Boom.  The party don't start 'till I walk in.
  • Jimmy Buffett - Volcano. I love it. Such a good beat.
  • Elton John - Rock Me When He's Gone, probably one of the oldest songs on the playlist, also one of the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment